1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

With apologies to Tom Petty ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Feb 4, 2008.

1. It's OK. She doesn't like it much when I sing either ...

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the original post was good stuff. even better when i learned it was true.

3. Jar of Flies

Jar of Flies Member

If only you had told the kid that you dont...have...to live like a refugee.

(Don't have to live like a refugee!)

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Harsh. Very harsh.

I'm surprised TP didn't respond to young WB by saying something along the lines of 'Don't Do Me Like That' or 'Don't Come Around Here No More'. Or maybe 'You Wreck Me'. Young WB, The Damage You've Done.

And why didn't parent WB chastise the young-un and tell her 'You're So Bad' and "You're Gonna Get It' Inform her that any more statements of that ilk and she'll be Out In The Cold.

Is she an American Girl? I Need To Know. Because it's hard to see an American Girl not liking TP. Maybe she's just from a One Story Town. Beyond a Shadow of a Doubt She's a Complex Kid.

I'm sure as she grows up, she'll have a Change of Heart and learn to appreciate the musical genius of one TP. She'll learn his music is Something Big. She'll Listen to Her Heart and understand that TP's music is the Best of Everything. She'll think to herself, TP--I've Got a Thing About You. Finding Out about TP's music will bring her great joy and happiness and take her to a Higher Place.

And she'll say to herself, "TP, I'm glad that You and I Will Meet Again. And daddy WB will smile knowingly and say, "Here Comes My Girl."

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

solid. damn solid.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

As long as her legs don't end up "Into the Great Wide Open," I'm sure WB will be happy. :p

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Fantastic, Captain.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

This is fucking genius. I love all the songs mentioned here, especially "Shadow Of A Doubt".

9. In awe, I am.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

thanks, folks. To borrow another phrase from the world of rock and roll, just letting the music do the talkin'.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that'll be $12.50, chief.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

pern - i think that post is way more douchebagesque than what you were gunning for. why don't you hit the delete key and be the standup guy we know you are.

Draft saved Draft deleted