1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wish I could donate $70 million to my alma mater.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Shoot, compared to the $165 million T. Boone Pickens gave to Oklahoma State University's athletic department, this isn't too much.

Then again, I'd like for Frank Batten Sr. to tell that writer who was with the News & Record in Greensboro that he couldn't afford to pay her when she was with the publications for mere days before being cut loose.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Damn, I thought this thread was about T. Boone Pickens, until I saw Sam's thread above.

T. Boone University still has an underachieving football program, regardless if a 40-YEAR OLD MAN is coaching them.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

If pay off my student loans before I die, I might celebrate by sending a $20 check to dear old Chowderhead U. to put in the scholarship fund. And that would be that.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I wish I could give $70 million to my college. I wouldn't do it, but it'd be nice to have the option.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

That Pickens story is a must-see on HBO Real Sports.

Even if you have to put up with Bryant Gumbel's righteous indignation bullshit at the end.

Draft saved Draft deleted