1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wisdom teeth

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Apr 8, 2010.

1. don't forget to regularly hose out the gaping holes in your gums.
    I'm late to the discussion, but I would have recommended the nap. Too many stories of dentists bracing their knees on chests and yanking, teeth breaking etc.
    but glad you survived

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Devil: Solid post. Percocet.

And yeah, I just rinsed with saltwater after breakfast, which was mashed potatoes with gravy. How great is that?

So I figured I'd sleep like ass last night, but I popped three Advil before dozing off and I slept great. Woke up with not a hint of soreness or pain. (knock on wood).

Best thing about this whole ordeal: it gave me time to sit around and watch season 5 of Entourage on HBO On Demand.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good to hear the recovery is going well. Keep rinsing the sockets, and don't take anything else unless pain makes it absolutely necessary.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. I rinsed with saltwater three our four times yesterday. My jaw is a little sore this morning, but I'm guessing that's typical since I haven't really opened my mouth a whole lot the last two days. Still no pain, though, thankfully.

Hopefully back to eating regular food by Wed or Thur. I kinda dig the mashed potatoes-spaghetti O's-Jello-O-Frostee diet. :)

5. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Bringing this up from the dead because I had my other two pulled this morning (and stayed awake for it like a big girl although there was much, much panic about the needles). I can still feel them bleeding a little bit which is... disconcerting, but I'm hungry and want to eat overcooked pasta on the not-messed-up side of my mouth.

These are sorer than the last time too, though I figure that's because the roots were more grown in since I'm older. Got the 800 mg ibuprofen plus percocet combination going.

Swallowing hurts still. Boo.

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

just want to add that I had all four pulled at once. Had some novacain for deaden the pain, but did not get knocked out. Was a simple procedure and was done in about 20 minutes. Gave me a bottle of percs that I did not even use.

7. baskethead

baskethead Member

My two upper ones are just normal, coming in straight, etc. My two bottom ones are impacted mostly, and one side causes me periodic semi-pain and swelling that goes away after about a week or two, which allows me to forget they're there and pretend that it's not a problem. Which is good, because I'm intending on riding them out until someone holds me down and forces me to get them taken out, because I just know they are going to be tough to get out. And if I ever get to that point they will definitely have to knock my ass out.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

All four of mine grew in when I was 18, but they came in straight and are fully functional, so I still have them. No problems at all.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

All the drugs they will give. No question.

Had the left side teeth pulled when I was in college and had no insurance. Had to go to the mall dentist and only got gas. My God the pain.

Years later, right two teeth got so impacted they had no choice but to KO me. It was cake.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Whiskey (lots)

Pliers

2 rags; 1 rag to wipe the tears, 1 rag to wipe up the blood.

Bottle of ibuprofen. (The whiskey will wear off eventually.)

Draft saved Draft deleted