1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wisdom teeth

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I had one pulled about nine months ago. Dentist was smart enough that it was more than she could take on, but oral surgeon did it. Numbed my mouth with a local and after letting that injection numb after 10 minutes, oral surgeon pulls out a big pair of pliers and takes it out in about two minutes ... he did fine, but had to shake me back and forth in the chair because it was kinda stubborn.

Took some gauze, ate somewhat normally that night and went to the newsroom the next day - to the surprise of the staff.

And Ashy Larry, know anyone willing to pay that kind of scratch for the pills? Never needed them. ;D

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Man,I love threads like these because they make me remember my life's experiences.

Had mine out in the summer of 1972, just before my freshman year of college. All four at once; my mom said that way they wouldn't bother me ever again. I was KOed by somje anestetic and I don't remember leaving the oral surgeon's office, but I remember waking up on NY 400 seeing three cars in front of me when I should be seeing one.

I also remember hearing "Summer Side of Life" on WKBW, the song and album that turned me on to Gordon Lightfoot.

By the time we got home I was seeing 1x1. Went to bed, woke up l;ater that day feeling OK, and by the next night I was out on the town, albeit with gauze in my teeth and not drinking Utica Club or any other carbonated beverage.

3. DCaraviello

DCaraviello Member

I envy you guys who were able to function -- and even play sports -- later that day or the next. I had all four of mine out about 10 years ago and it was the worst medical experience of my life. I should have taken a hint when I walked into the oral surgeon's office that morning, and the receptionist asked, "what are we taking out again?" I had dry sockets, I had swelling, I developed an infection so bad I had to go to the medical doctor to get a shot. Absolute agony. I was out of work an unbelievable 10 days. I was covering South Carolina at the time and missed Antonio Grant's 35-foot buzzer-beater over Cincinnati. Just awful.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hello! Del!

Draft saved Draft deleted