1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wisconsin's governor: Protest end of labor contracts, I'm dragging out the Guard

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

http://www.biztimes.com/daily/2011/2/11/walker-says-he-will-call-in-national-guard-if-state-employees-balk-at-his-proposal

This story is complicated and has a few different layers, but first impression is that this guy is using it as a scare tactic.

EDIT: OK, un-American.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sounds like the same asshole who thinks he's king of Ohio instead of governor.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Elections have consequences.

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Yes. Yes they do.

TSP, he prefers Emperor to King.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I will insult him by calling him king.

6. Mira

Mira Member

Oh TSP, Walker is such a friggin' idiot. Let me count the ways.

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I know. I was about to write a long post about his sorry college-dropout ass and the shit he's pulled already, but I just didn't have the mental energy. Ugh.

8. Mira

Mira Member

Here's an example of the fine job he did as Milwaukee County Exec:

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/opinion/column/joel_mcnally/article_2b3bd08d-8e42-58be-b016-fd7c068cbfc9.html

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Maybe you could make an economic and civic case for why collective bargaining rights should be eliminated. But bringing out the National Guard? Who the fuck is this guy, Mubarak?

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Actually, for the first, oh, 175 years of this country's existence, it was considered quite American.

If I'm the unions, I tell the governor to go ahead. What's he going to do, order the Guard to open fire?

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Re: Wisconsin's governor: Protest end of labor contracts, I'm dragging out the G

We should learn a thing or two from the Egpytians. It will help when the shit hits the fan with these fascists.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.