1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wireless access

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bearcat Wright, May 10, 2007.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Co-signed. The thing really is awesome.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

a bowling ball?

3. yes

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Not one to shill for Cingular by any stretch, but their new 3G wireless card is the bomb. Absolutely. Bought it about two months ago, have never had a single moment where it was out of range. And I've been all over with it. They had a deal, sign up for two years (you have 30 days to change mind) and modem is free; $60 unlimited internet access per month. Worth it, considering all the money I was paying at Marriotts, airports, etc., plus my home high speed (which I have since canceled). Now I have internet wherever I go, including driving down the street. Dangerous, technology is.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ogie, I thought you were deported?

6. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Canada refused to take him.

Another Cingular dupe, but I get access with my cell phone (unlimited Internet is about $60 per month, just like with the air cards). I had to spend an extra $40 or so for the little line to connect the phone to a USB port, but everything else Ogie said applies. I've been to Central Kansas, Far West Texas and through the heart of the Hill Country, and never had a problem.

And for a minor threadjack, the phone also has MP3 capabilities (the kit with the connecting line is actually sold as a "Music Pack"). Would downloading tunes create any issues with connectability (i.e., use of available memory)?

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Can I get the Cingular deal with a Mac? I have roommates now, but when I live on my own again, the difference in $45 for home high-speed and the $60 for Cingular wouldn't be bad, and maybe I could even get the company to pay for the difference. How much is Verizon's unlimited? Sprint's?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

set 'em up write. set 'em up.

Draft saved Draft deleted