1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wire Episode 50 *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by VJ, Dec 4, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Wow.

It was a brilliant idea to continue on after the montage scene. That made the ending so powerful.

Never saw Bubbles sucide attempt coming.

Would have liked to hear what happened to Herc.

More thoughts later.

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Just read the write-up on HBO. It definitely wasn't Michael that killed Bodie. I know others were sure of it, but there was enough things to make me question it (mainly that he dressed exactly like Michael did and it looked like him, and the looks on Snoop and Chris's faces after Bodie got dropped -- like shock at how cold and efficient the act was done). But there were also a few things that made me think it wasn't him, and the HBO story confirms that.

Zeke, I would have lost it if they killed off Bubs. Don't they always go a scene after the montage? I can remember in season 3 after the montage there's the scene w/ Bubs and Colvin in front of the torn-down Hamsterdamn.

First Down, I'm sure new characters will be introduced, but there's no way IMO that Michael is not a major character next year. I'd assume the same for all of the kids, but there's no way they chronicle Michael's rise to power and then put in the background next season.

3. Boobie Miles

Man where's all the talk on this thread? I figured DoubleDown would have ten paragraph posts flowing by now.

One thing I love about this show (I think I may have mentioned previously) is how we get to see all of these characters up close and see how they intertwine, but then when they're shown together on the show they really don't know each other very well (like Bodie and McNulty). It's just something you don't think of because we know them so well, and then to see them interact you realize how good of a job these writers do telling such a sprawling, complex story.

The thing that got me thinking about this is the scene where Marlo notices Michael wearing his ring. We all know he got it off the cop who got it off Omar, but all he says to Marlo is that he took it off "someone" and Marlo is left to wonder how badass is this kid... did he actually take it off Omar? You know he probably doubts that, but we know what happened and he probably never will. And if Michael knew it once belonged to Marlo he obvioulsy would have reacted differently, but he doens't know, and we all do. Just another little thing about this show that I love.

4. Boobie Miles

Alright, I'm about to send out the search party. Where the hell is double down on this thread? Did you lose electricity the other night and not watch the show??? For a finale that was so eagerly awaited I'm a little disappointed in the lack of posts since the airing.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I think that, for many people, "since the airing" meant a week ago Monday, not this past Sunday night.

6. Boobie Miles

Yeah I know, but there were a few diehards who usually have good things to post who were talking in the 49 thread about waiting. I just figured they would have said more by now.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've caught up on this show and watched the first four seasons in the last two or three months. Just finished the Season 4 finale, thus drudging up an old thread.

I've rarely watched a show that just knocks the breath out of me on a consistent basis. I actually yelled when Bubs was hanging from the ceiling and nearly broke down crying when Walon was consoling him in the hospital. I just love the complexity of Bubs' character, which is probably why he's my favorite character on the show.

I can't believe I have to wait until August until Season 5 comes out on DVD. Saw where I might be able to download it on a LimeWire torrent. Might give it a shot.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know how I feel about Season 5 in comparason to the others, but I do know Bubs was the best character of the fifth season.

Draft saved Draft deleted