1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wire Episode 50 *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by VJ, Dec 4, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That was the idea of the ending, when he was literally staring at the crossroads. You know he doesn't have the make-up to be a corner kid. And you get a glimpse of him being a stoop child. But vestiges of his former life--the kid who was always stealing cars driving by, and him smiling--will always be pulling at him. It wouldn't be a true crossroads if he didn't have choices to make.

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

How does Bubs have electricity in his vacant?

3. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

Lots and lots of extension cords.

4. long_snapper

long_snapper Member

A perfect episode. The crossroads imagery at the end. Namond on a short leash, literally staying "on the porch" while his old buddy rolled by in another stolen ride.

Anyone else notice the cameo by Steve Earle? Bubbles broke down in his arms in the hospital.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

He was in an earlier episode when Bubs went on the wagon the first time. Season 2, IIRC.

6. Stupid

Stupid Member

Damn, was that Steve Earle? I had no idea.

About Michael not being surprised about getting Bodie's corner, I'm sure word travels fast on the street. actually, I know it does.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Except... I think they woke him up.

8. Stupid

Stupid Member

true, but that doesn't mean he dind't know before hitting the hay. speaking of that, I was surprised to see Marlo paying a visit to a soldier's crib like that.

9. Just watched it. Great stuff.

I'm thinking perhaps Omar takes the money and splits? Hope not, but it really wasn't made clear and his hug with Butch had "farewell" connotations.

Dukie and Randy's fates break my heart...

What a fabulous episode, season, series, et al.

10. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Like I said earlier I think Omar fades to the background a little bit next season, although you know he comes back for at least one big thing. I could see the same fate for Bubs as well. I think McNulty gets back big time, possibly some more with the Greek though not sure, and there will obviously be some new media characters as well.

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Another thing that'll be interesting with the show and its filming schedule, I believe I read that filming will take place in the spring. Next season presumably will begin right at hte current time on the show. These kids will have aged a decent amount I would think. You could notice them growing up literrally and figuratively this season and it will be interesting to see if they'll look a lot different by the time next season rolls around.

And I'm still not convinced that wasn't Michael who killed Bodie. Some convince me.

12. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I'm not sure the kids are necessarily a big part of next season. Not based on any information, but the stories tend to move on. They established that the kids are screwed, now they will show how the media fucks up.

Draft saved Draft deleted