1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wire Episode 50 *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by VJ, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Oh Tits! Those aren't real! Yes they are!

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

They've been late putting it up before. If I have to wait till Sunday, I will.

EDIT: That being said, is there a place I can watch/download The Wire online?

3. Bodie explained his problems. He was loyal to the Barksdale crew because he got something out of it. Not much, but something. He got a "pay lawyer" and he felt like he could work his way up the food chain if he caught the right breaks. His company got overtaken and new management showed him no loyalty.

Michael did not kill the dude that killed Bodie. Michael killed some random guy that we don't know. The guy who killed Bodie was the kid Chris and Snoop trained on how to kill before they trained Michael. He's a light-skinned kid with an afro who was always around standing in the background. He'll probably be Michael's "friendly" rival next season for who is the best young soldier.

4. youtube has it

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Only small scenes are popping up on search (like Bodie getting whacked). Is there a link for the entire episode?

6. Stupid

Stupid Member

Interesting parallel to slash-and-burn corporate tactics.

Marlo Stanfield=WalMart

7. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Don't know if anyone mentioned this....but Bodie also sent Little Kevin to see Marlo.....it was his advice that got kevin killed.

Excellent episode, and season.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Interesting that Marlo doesn't get anxiety attacks like that fat wimp Tony Soprano.

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

So did anyone else get the impression that Omar was going into retirement? He was not included in the musical montage.

Also, how about the brief "Deadwood" tribute(?) in the hospital? Seemed a little out of character for Simon.

10. scribbler357

scribbler357 Member

That's why he felt so much guilt about Little Kevin being found dead -- it was basically his idea that got him a spot in the vacants. This is also what made this a completely different situation from the one with Wallace. Now, this doesn't give Bodie a pass on that heinous shit, err..crap.

But, it does explain why (at least in Bodie's mind) doing Wallace was "just business" while Little Kevin's demise was uncalled for or a Marlo power play.

Interestingly, did anyone notice how Partlow was almost trying to talk Marlo out of icing Bodie? Naturally, it's just part of the story as that act leads to McNulty coming back to Major Crimes with a definitive hard-on (figuratively) for Mr. Stanfield.

Additionally, isn't Marlo playing with fire by putting a tail on Spiros? No need to end up headless and handless if you don't have to, you know?

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

As brutal as Marlo is, he does have quite a bit of naivete. He thinks he can achieve everything by force. Prop Joe has already schooled him on some of the nuances of the game, but as Bodie says, Marlo be killing n____s just because he can. He has no fear, and that will ultimately be his downfall.

12. scribbler357

scribbler357 Member

I think that's what Bodie was talking about. The Barksdale crew did dirt, but there was usually a good (in their mind) reason. Because they had the vacants, Marlo was killing people indiscriminately -- example: Mr. Security Guard because of a shoplifting beef. I think he's a small, but incredibly sociopathic, fish in a big pond.

I didn't like the way he was talking to Partlow about "his work" being found and had a twinge that Marlo would have him and Snoop iced if need be. My prediction is that the next king will be Michael and that Omar will have the final say in Marlo's impending downfall.

Draft saved Draft deleted