1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Winter weather thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Dec 16, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Funny. I laugh at folks who try to push the stupid idea that extremes at both ends of the weather spectrum aren't signs of a huge, global warming problem.

I know hondo's not intelligent enough to understand that, but I thought you were.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I remember seeing that once before and wondering why these people had to go out.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, there haven't been huge extremes at the high end of the spectrum for quite a while. Nearly the entire continent of North America went through a summer of slightly cooler or much cooler than normal. And sea ice is growing at a record rate.

http://www.dailytech.com/Sea+Ice+Growing+at+Fastest+Pace+on+Record/article13385.htm

But ... keep buying the bill of goods you're being sold.

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

what north america are you referring to because down texas way (hi brent musberger), we did not have a cooler than normal summer. summer of 2007 was cooler but 2008? hell no.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

where old tony lives, it's cold a lot of the time. Hence therefore, global warming does not exist.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Damn, I wish I was in the Northwest this weekend instead of next weekend. Spokane is getting pounded with snow right now and everywhere but Seattle is getting hit, though Seattle is supposed to get 4-6 inches tonight.

Good stuff.

7. KG

KG Active Member

So. Not. Fair. There's something wrong with wearing a tank in December.

8. KG

KG Active Member

It even snows in Vermont in a hot December on Christmas Eve. [White Christmas/]

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ah, but nobody gives you any trouble in traffic.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. KG

KG Active Member

Wouldn't that be awesome!?

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Snow in Vegas!? What the hell is going on?

[​IMG]

12. KG

KG Active Member

Ross, rub it in a little.

Draft saved Draft deleted