1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Winter weather thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Dec 16, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Also ... use your transmission to do some of the decelerating, rather than just grabbing the wheels with the brakes.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Minus 19 two nights ago. Only down to 0 or so last night. Got above freezing this afternoon, so we're thawing out finally.

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

My fuel door is frozen as well.

The TV stations are having the time of their lives with these storms. One, which I have dubbed The Station That Scares for You, ran not one, but two stories on what to do if the power goes out, playing off the forecast of a possible ice storm that's still two days away and might be nothing. Their advice _ get extra blankets. Wow, wish I had thought of that.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yes their sage advice never ceases to blow my mind.

5. KG

KG Active Member

Once, after we got about, oh hell, just flurries, not enough to equate to anything, there was a TV station that patted itself on the back for more than a week, because they had correctly predicted the "snow storm" and was able to "warn" us ahead of time.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

It was in the 40's this morning on my way to work and it felt great. I even rolled down my car window a bit.

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Local TV forecasters are living proof that anal sex can result in conception.

8. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

It's our first Midwestern winter.
    The fiancee, after living most of her life in eastern North Carolina, declared she is taking the bus to work on campus anytime it snows/ices.
    Frankly, I am just happy she's not looking at heading south for the winter.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think you're giving them too much credit. Back alley drunken blow job conception is what jumped to my mind.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Monday, 4 p.m. 67 degrees.
    Tuesday, 5 p.m. 34 and snowing.

Makes sense to me

11. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Same here. Snow, I can handle. A mix, not so much.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I always marvel at the idea that a strong cold front is evidence of global warming. I also laugh at folks who try to push such stupid ideas.

Draft saved Draft deleted