1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Winter driving cars?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

You can have those factors, but they don't help much with a light rear end, such as a Mustang.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That's why you load up stuff in the trunk/hatchback. If a truck, throw some snow in it. Worked well for me for a two-week spell where I was driving a compact pickup in a decidedly non-winter place (at least by northern standards ... ).

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Sandbags, baby.

But on some Canadian winter days, even that doesn't help ...

4. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

I gotta disagree here. While 4WD doesn't make you invincible, and doesn't do shit for stopping your car, it will help you get up a slick road, and depending on if you have all wheel drive that can move power from wheel to wheel, it can help your car correct if a couple of wheels get loose.

That being said, way too many SUV/Subaru drivers drive like jackasses in the snow because they think their car can't possibly crash, but I still think 4WD can help.

Oh, and get good tires. With front wheel drive and good snow tires, a Civic should get through most conditions.

Draft saved Draft deleted