1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Winter Classic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Det. Jimmy McNulty, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Why the hell are the Caps wearing red pants? They always wore blue pants with the old uniforms. I call bullshit, NHL.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Incorrect. Their original set from 1974-75:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Damn it. I stand corrected.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

In your defense, that was the only year they wore the red pants ... switched to blue for home and road the following season.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Capitals/Capitals.html

5. OK, then. Why does the blue Twins '74 style hat with the old school Caps logo say 1976 on the back? Isn't that supposed to be the season the year the team was founded? I'm so confused right now. I almost feel ripped off.

6. That's what I thought. I still think it's stupid they are wearing red pants. One season is not a heritage.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The scene is spectacular. Here's betting future games get scheduled for prime time.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Is there a plan for 2012 yet? How about Montreal vs. NYR at the new Giants Stadium?

9. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

They might have to have the Devils involved to play it in NJ. But new Yankee Stadium or Citi Field could work.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Citi seems more likely. Can't disrupt the Pinstripe Bowl, after all.

11. They're playing YYZ at the game after the Caps goal. Awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted