1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Winston suspended from entire Clemson game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Was as high as 21.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Boy there are going to be some people middling that game. Imagine being able to get Clemson +21 and FSU -10 on the same game, with a 20-1 payout if it lands in between.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Good thing he didn't yell "Fuck her right in the ass!"

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Fisher wasn't involved in either decision. Left to him, there wouldn't have been a suspension at all. And I hear he's not happy about that and a lot of things. When Michigan fires Brady Hoke after this season and finally gets Les Miles, Fisher will be gone to LSU in a heartbeat (his kids were born there when he was the OC).

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

That investigation started weeks ago. No factor in this current situation.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

A lot of people are getting this wrong: Winston is not under investigation again for the sexual assault from a criminal standpoint. FSU's handling of the situation is under investigation by the Department of Education because of Title IX regulations to do with sexual harassment directed against a student; and Winston is being investigated by FSU but only from a student code of conduct violation, which carries no legal weight. The state attorney has already sent out word that this will not cause him to re-open the criminal case.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Probably couldn't have gotten in trouble if he yelled: "Fuck HIM right in the ass!" It would have been discriminatory, of course.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Until he came out this week in public and cast himself and the school in a bad light again.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't think the internal investigation or the Title IX probe has anything to do with him getting disciplined in this case. I think if we knew all the other stuff, and there was no federal case, he'd still be sitting.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Perhaps not directly ... But if I'm the president of a school undergoing a Title IX investigation and a leading character in that also pulled this shit, I might not be so hands-off in how my underlings handle it.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I would venture a guess that in today's college environment -- where we have kangaroo courts throwing kids out of school for non-judicial findings of assault -- a regular old student screaming that in the student union would be brought before the board with at least the threat of expulsion.

Draft saved Draft deleted