1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Winston suspended from entire Clemson game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Sep 19, 2014.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If you think this suspension is over what he said, you've lost your mind. The suspension is over the fact that every four months this halfwit does something stupid and puts himself and the school in a bad light.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's web hits, it's just an overreaction to what's going on in the NFL in conjunction with his past history of being accused of sexual assault and a complete lack of understanding of the college-age humor, as you noted.

If he didn't have the accusation against him, I think they'd be more inclined to chalk it up to college-age humor. Instead, it supports the notion of his disrespect towards women, which is (rightfully) an amplified issue these days.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

There's also an ongoing Title IX inquiry into the 2012 sexual assault case, which is looking into the fact that FSU didn't take the woman's claim seriously and investigate it fully as required by law.

Winston's frankly quite fortunate he hasn't been kicked out of school already.

Add that to the crab legs and the pellet gun and the stealing soda from Burger King — all in less than two years — and it's about time they sat his ass down.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If some anonymous FSU student jumps up on a table in the student union, and shouts vulgarities, you don't think he's going to get in trouble?

Especially because it was sexual in nature -- even if it was a joke or a meme -- this has the potential to make female students uncomfortable.

I don't have any problem with his suspension. If he faced no punishment, the student body at FSU would assume it was because he's a star football player. And, since he is suspended, it has to be covered by the likes of ESPN.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

FSU is fortunately that Winston didnt transfer to LSU claiming he was run off.

Can you blame Winston? Another dumb sunoovabitch from generations of dumb sunovabitches who has been given everything, from grades to girls since he was 13 years old. Had nothing, doesnt know any better and comes from an environment that encourages all of his actions. Does anyone expect he's going to be Steve Young. His role models are probably JaMarcus Russel and Vince Young

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Probably not. I know my Union didn't exactly have hall monitors to send you to the President's office for running through the hall.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They'd get in trouble if they've already been through a sexual assault investigation, BB gun incident, theft ... They'd have already lost their academic scholarship and that's rarely a full ride. So Fuck Winston, Fuck him right in the pussy

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

My Clemson bet is looking much better.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I can't imagine this makes a difference, given it's Clemson, but if you think FSU fans are delusional now, just wait and see how willing they are to defend this moron if the mean coach/administrators cost them this game.

On a related note, is there any way the Browns could draft Winston? That would be the greatest.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This. He's back under investigation after the sexual assault was ignored/swept under the rug, and he's stupid enough to do this? I'm not sure *anything* is going to get through his thick head, but pulling his playing time probably has the best chance.

Short of jail time anyway, and he'll be sitting in there going "What did I do? I din't do nothin'!"

If he was anybody but the pampered star QB the message might have begun to seep through before now, but it's going to take a real disaster in his personal life to make this kid think about his decision making process, and I'm not sure even that will do it.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Line has dropped to 10.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What was it?

Draft saved Draft deleted