1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wingnuts, start your gloat engines!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Oct 13, 2006.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Air America officially in hock

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/10/13/D8KNQMG84.html

Love the final quote from the CEO about filing to bankruptcy enables them to get back to their job of informing and entertaining their audience?

All 7 of them?

2. This guy's coming to the rescue. He's got the experience.
    http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/team/office.php

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

More proof that the left has a lot more important things to do than diddling prepubescents while listening to the radio.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
    Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency....
    Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...
    and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope....
    Our four... no...
    Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry...
    are such elements as fear, surprise...
    I'll come in again.

Awesome, awesome reference.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Muahahahahahaha!!!!

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm liberal as it gets, but Air America does nothing for me. Randi Rhodes is as unlistenable as Rush, Hannity, etc. And as unlistenable as Randy Rhodes, dead Ozzy guitarist, too.

Fetch the comfy chair!

7. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Rhodes is annoying to listen to for me personally, but she is the only thing that network did right. That's because she is a radio person. Being a celebrity with strongly held personal opinions doesn't make you good on the radio. If someone started a conservative talk network composed almost entirely of people like Bruce Willis who think doing radio would be "fun" it would suck as well. I realize the general mindset around here has those of us in radio about one step up from algae on the IQ scale, but there actually is skill to doing the job correctly. It's about entertaining people - boring radio will never work whether it's attempting political commentary or sports analysis. Most of what Air America has to offer is preachy and boring as hell, and that's coming from the kind of person they're trying to reach. Until they put radio people in charge, there's no way it will ever work.

8. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

AA should go after Phil Hendrie although he's probably too much of a conservative democrat for their audience

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I just don't get Phil Hendrie. His comedy is an acquired taste that I cannot acquire.

Draft saved Draft deleted