1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wine

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jan 18, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Your mom isn't younger than you!

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Spnited, in Dooley's defense, it is the kool-aid of wine. He can easily drink it without having too much of the "wine" flavor. :D

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Spnited boosts of his wine prowess and of his hard liquor prowess. I think the dude is a lush.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

And my mother thinks her 2 daughters and 1 son drink far too much wine at holiday dinners.

But I have never talked about hard liquor "prowess" .. only that I like my Grey Goose on the rocks.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I always enjoyed the literary symbolism of the wine cellar as a place of evil.

I once had a game where the baddies hung out in the wine cellar. Sadly, I stumbled across this fact accidentally with bad results.

Battle No. 2 was a different story. Evil No. 1 bit the dust, and Evil No. 2 promptly ran like the coward he was.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Thanks Cadet. :)

7. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Agree with the Penfolds, Australian, Coppola and Wine Spectator suggestions. I'd add Chile. The spouse has been going to weekly wine tastings for about 15 years now. I go now and then, but not as much as when we started.

Robin Williams (step?) brother has some nice wines under the Toad Hollow brand. Very nice guy. Met him at a tasting.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I've just got into drinking wine recently, so I'm no expert, but I'm a big fan of Steel Creek if you want a good, inexpensive red. Both the Cabernet Sauvignon and the Pinot Noir are fantastic.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Oh sweet mercy.

If I ever decide to drink a whole bunch of cheap Sangria again, someone please try to tell me BEFOREHAND that wine hangovers are similar to being posessed by the devil.

You think you've gotten it all out, and you try to hurl, but there's just nothing left..........I think I would have peuked up my large intestine if it wasn't still attatched.

Webby, Mod, Ida, Gutter........someone........please delete this fuckin' thread post haste.........if I ever see anything about wine again, I will hunt every one of you fuckers down.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Time of your life, huh kid? [/guidothekillerpimp]

[​IMG]

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Working on a bit of a wine hangover myself. Went to some place in the Village last night to meet up with an old friend. The place doesn't take reservations, so we killed about two bottles of a decent cabernet blend while waiting to be seated. As usual, didn't drink enough water and I didn't take Advil before sleep. A bit of a slow and over-caffinated morning.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Uh........a bit here also.

I'm on my 3rd Black Bomb......(Red Bull/Coffee mixed.)

Draft saved Draft deleted