1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wine Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Casillero del Diablo's Merlot was the last merlot I had that surprised me. It won a gold or silver medal in The Dallas Morning News[i/]'s annual wine awards a couple of years back. I found a bottle at the local Kroger for under ten bucks. I enjoyed it so much I went back and bought twelve bottles. I still have a couple of bottles I have stashed away for a special occasion. You cannot have one. I haven't tried any of the other varietals from CdD. I do like their name a lot: Cellar of the Devil!

I didn't read over the entire thread so forgive me if this has already been mentioned. Many grocery and liquor stores will give you a minimum 10% discount if you buy at least six bottles of wine. Most will even let you mix and match. Another option is to check for the smaller half bottles. That can be a less expensive way to sample several wines without having to waste money on a full bottle that may not be to your liking.

Draft saved Draft deleted