1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

windshield wipers dying

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, May 19, 2007.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

About a half-mile from home tonight, my windshield wipers stop working and won't work again.
    Tomorrow, I'm supposed to make a 2-hour drive with the forecast calling for scattered showers.
    How wise would it be to change my travel plans?
    What are the chances my wipers could start working again just as suddenly as they stopped?
    How could wipers just stop working without warning and how costly could it be to fix it?

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Check to make sure there's nothing blocking them, like leaves or pine needles or crap like that. Also check to make sure they're not so dried out they're sticking or have melted to the glass (yes, it happens. Maybe not in New England, but it happens).

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Scattered showers or downpour?

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If all else fails, Rain-X the motherfucker until it shines. I went six months without functioning wipers once because the Rain-X made the rain go away. It was a sight to behold.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

http://www.rainx.com/

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Rain-X is fabulous stuff. There's also stuff that goes on the inside that keeps glass from fogging.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

They stopped in the middle of the windshield and wouldn't move on when I turned them on.

8. blueview

blueview Member

Hmmm ... the motor may have died on the wipers, or it could be a broken relay.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Guess its time to buy a new car...

10. Check the fuse as well. This is a quick, easy and cheap fix.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damn, I needed that yesterday. Torrential downpours outside, fogged up windows inside. Not sure how I didn't meet a tree.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Because God hates all of us?

:D

Draft saved Draft deleted