1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Windows 7 commercial or iTunes 9 won't download on Vista

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I just wanna know ... if I contact Microsoft and tell them iTunes won't install on Vista because it's not a valid Win32 application, will they fix it for me?

I do not like you, Microsoft.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm running iTunes 9 on Vista. No problems.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I download it and get the error message "... is not a valid Win32 application."

Teh Google provides a solution that isn't a solution for me.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Three possibilities, I am told:

1. Run Disk Cleanup (it's on the Start menu under All Programs/Accessories/System Tools). Might be a temp-file issue.
    2. Select "run" instead of saving the download when the dialog box pops up, if possible.
    3. Disable any pop-up blockers you have running and try again.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

No, the solution is:

BUY A F'ING MAC!

You'll thank me later.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Less than two hours... you're slipping...

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

The new Mac commercials about Windows 7 are as on-the-mark as any advertisement I've seen in my entire life.

The ones where the PC guy flashes back and says, "But Windows 7 is coming out. It won't have any of the problems Windows Vista had. ... But Windows Vista is coming out. It won't have any of the problems Windows XP had. ... It won't have any of the problems Windows ME had. ... It won't have any of the problems Windows 2000 had," et al.

Ouch. And so accurate.

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Windows 7 might be fine, but I see no reason to be chained to it anymore. I've switched my laptop OS to the Linux-based Ubuntu and could not be happier. Boot time is almost non-existent. Everything is streamlined. All software is free. It's a very nice experience so far.

If I get tired of it, I may even try going the Hackintosh route. It seems like putting the Mac OS on your PC hardware isn't that hard anymore.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]2muchcoffeeman likes this.

I've been using Ubuntu for a couple of years now. Are you using the new release yet?

I've heard nothing good about the new RebelEFI package and I'm not sure I would trust some of the greyhats' "solutions." Some of them require very specific hardware configurations.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Yes. Just upgraded overnight.

Draft saved Draft deleted