1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Window seat etiquette on flights

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

LOL so they give us the option to recline but someone reclines -- but not for sleep-- then that person is bad?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Y'all are some sensitive motherfuckers.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I've disagreed with songbird on everything else in this thread, but I am with him here.

I assume that they put in reclining capabilities so you can, you know, recline.
    I've reclined before. And people in front of me reclined, and I never gave it another thought.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I still have not heard how reclining affects you. Is it harder to work on a computer?

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Some of it depends on the equipment and the carrier. Different planes and different airlines have different seat pitches. So depending on the spacing, what feels claustrophobic in seat 21C on one may not feel claustrophobic in seat 21 C on another.

That said, I think the stakes are much higher if you're trying to work on a laptop when luau Stu leans his shit all the way back for the next 8 hours.

maumann likes this.
  6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Maybe the airlines should designate parts of the plane for reclining and others for not reclining?

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Who gets the arm rest?

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Well, I'd turn CD Boogie's formulation back on himself.

If you want to recline, if you want to lounge in your seat like a Rockefeller or a Kardashian, pay for Business Class.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's 2019 ... we can parachute a rover onto Mars but can't design 2 arm rests for each passenger in a row of airplane seats.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Have thought this for a while.

With what the flying experience has turned into, and how crammed into coach people are, seats shouldn't recline.

Webster likes this.
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If they make the chairs so they don't recline, so be it. I'll live with it.

If they make the chairs to recline, I will recline if I want. Sleep or not.

And if the dude in front of me reclines, I'm not going to see if he passes a fakakta sleep test, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted