1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Winding Down

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ColbertNation, Jul 31, 2008.

1. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Just curious what everyone else here does when they get home from work (assuming most of you are fellow deskers). As for me, right now I'm watching a re-run of Frasier and working through a sleeve of Ritz crackers. That's not my routine every night, but it's pretty close. I get home, grab a quick bite while watching some late-night re-runs, and read for a bit until I go to bed. Not the most exciting night, but it's what I do. Anyone do anything differently?

2. I'm taking naked pictures of your girlfriend.

3. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Ha! The joke's on you. I don't have a girlfriend.

4. Ha! Wonder why. :)

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I basically watch old sitcoms and type away on this site until I fall asleep in my La-Z-Boy every night. Sometimes I fall asleep on the floor, other times the couch. But that's generally my winding down period. It begins anywhere from 3 p.m. to midnight and usually wraps up around 3 a.m.

6. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Deadline is midnight. I watch The Daily Show until the first commercial break at work. I rush home and catch the end. Then Colbert. I usually eat a sandwich. Tonight I had a piece of cake (my wife makes great cake). I watch re-runs of Seinfeld from 1 a.m. to 2 a.m. and then move to the bedroom to fall asleep with Sports Center on.

If the baby suddenly wakes and needs a change or a quick bottle, I do that too.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

get home at 1:30'ish. i SportsJournalists.com it, watch a movie or whatnot, envision write-brained naked while i whack off and go to sleep.

8. dargan

dargan Active Member

I'm not a desker, but I often don't get home until midnight because I help with reading proofs/copy editing. I pretty much just sit here and watch TV and log on here. When I've got a good book I'm reading, I'll read some of it before I go to bed, which is usually between 3:30 and 5:30 a.m., but has been earlier the past few days.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I forgot about that last part. Good catch, Xan.

By the way, he's usually wearing some sort of hat in my fantasies.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

you? that's *me*! write_brained is my fantasy.

11. Well, then, that's completely inaccurate. I'm strictly a hats off kind of guy.

It's easier to spread my seed that way.

12. [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted