1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Winchester, Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KaraokeC, Jun 5, 2007.

1. SuperDeuce

SuperDeuce Member

There can be only one!!! Saunders, that is.

2. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

I hear once you get on the Dawg's side of town, though, you're good to go. He's got ya back!

3. Mike Graff

Mike Graff New Member

For what it's worth Part I...
    I worked in Winchester for a good three years after school. The city/town is a pure slice of heaven compared to my current city (which ain't as bad as some folks make it out to be, either). Winchester is beautiful country -- often made me wish the Star was my destination paper. Anyway, ask me anything over PM if you want. I still consider several people there good friends, so I do have good things to say. That said, I won't feed you BS, either.

For what it's worth Part II ...
    This probably means more to the people in here ... I drank beer with SportsJournalists.com celeb Ryan Sonner in Winchester on several occasions. I guess that makes me SportsJournalists.com celeb by association, even if I've only posted twice.

4. SuperDeuce

SuperDeuce Member

I heard that Sonner guy has been known to get bombed and wander off, usually finding refuge in his car.

5. I remember the Shenandoah Valley Herald used to have a reporter who would collect autographs. Not only would he ask the people he was interviewing for an autograph but he readily admitted that he basically trampled anyone who got in his way when an assignment to interview a famous person presented itself.

So when the Oak Ridge boys were playing the Shenandoah County Fair or Art Donovan was a celebrity at the Apple Blossom Festival, he was going to be there dammit.

I wouldn't doubt if he's still there. If so Kellie Pickler better watch out.

6. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

apple blossom festival = reasons nos. 1-12 that anyone should take this job.

7. Yeah, you might meet Darrell Green or Bruce Smith. Then what are you going to do for the other 50-51 weeks of the year?

8. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

recover. and go tubing.

9. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Attend Ye Ole Festival of Beer (or whatever it's called) at the Belle Grove Plantation. Good times.

10. KaraokeC

KaraokeC Member

you could go confederate flag shopping.

11. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

you could also spend some time egging Russ Potts' mansion.

12. Don't tell anyone but I actually got schnockered covering that thing one year. Good thing I wasn't on deadline.

Draft saved Draft deleted