1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Winchester, Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KaraokeC, Jun 5, 2007.

1. I'd venture to say that the Northern Virginia Daily job recently advertised is better than this one. They're only seperated by about 20 miles and the NVD is smaller but it's also independent and the Star is, ick, a Byrd paper. Daily is also much more aggressive and conducive to trying new things.

2. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

With either job, however, living in Winchester is the way to go. And, if I'm not mistaken, the NVD has filled its opening.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, maybe those were at the Sheetz gas station I stopped at, too... :)

4. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

You can't go wrong with Sheetz, especially at 3 in the morning. That's when a 12-inch steak and cheese will do the trick.

5. I spent many a night eating those Sheetz cheese steaks with those freakish green peppers.

6. SuperDeuce

SuperDeuce Member

I too spent many a night eating Sheetz grubbins. Sadly, most times you pay for it in the morning when you develop the bubble guts and severe swamp ass. That said, it's usually worth it.

Yup, it certainly smells like foreskin in here. Sawdogg????

7. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Beautiful area for sure around there and Front Royal, up into West Virginia and Maryland. But that Sheetz food rates right up there with White Castle in terms of gastric issues. That's why they call them the Sheetz Shitz.

8. Winchester Va.: Final resting place of country star Patsy Cline.

:'(

9. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

I could really go for a ham and cheeze pretzel sandwich from Sheetz right about now. And I'll take a roll of TP as well, thank you.

Sheetz, as Deuce has said above, is known to give you the green apple quick step.

10. SuperDeuce

SuperDeuce Member

Washington Street in Winchester is arguably one of the most beautiful streets in the country. It's like something out of a movie: massive stone houses with white picket fences, well manicured lawns, rows of trees on both sides of the road.

Then you cross the train tracks and head down Kent Street, and the scenery, to put it mildly, changes quite drastically. I hear the Haitians are not to be F'ed with down there. Folks at Strasburg HS known that for sure.

11. SuperDeuce

SuperDeuce Member

Who did the Daily hire? Is he a stud?

12. ArmanTamzarian

ArmanTamzarian New Member

He's no Saunders, that's for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted