1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wimbledon play

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JackReacher, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Guy on the couch

Guy on the couch New Member

Rafa hammers Federer?
    Rafa slips past Federer?
    Rafa propels self past Federer?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I won't be surprised if Nadal-Federer is our cover tomorrow, mainly because NASCAR had run Saturday night, and we have nobody left in the track or swimming trials. Any of those would have beaten it out, I think, probably more for Ryan's reason #2 (the news cycle) than reason #1 (the tepid interest in tennis).

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Rafa topples Federer

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'll bet anyone here it's A1 on both the NY Times and Washington Post tomorrow. Ought to be front page of your section, no matter what. Maybe greatest Wimbledon final ever? They've been holding the event for awhile.

5. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

OK, it's going to be our centerpiece.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'd tend to agree, but I don't think you're giving the news cycle much credence here, and we have to. That's going to be through two TV news cycles before it comes out in print.

7. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I'm on the desk tonight.

We're mandated to be local front. But B2 is going to be Wimbledon a lede. Photo of Nadal celebrating, big headline, deck - all above the fold.

People still care. A buddy of mine emailed after the match "What a fucking tennis match!" And this is the biggest baseball fan I know. Hell, I didn't even know he watched tennis. Ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted