1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Willie--OUT (Mets fire Randolph)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Brooklyn Bridge, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Another example of what a chickenshit organization The Mets are. How long before Willie ends up back in the Bronx or out in LA with Joe.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think he'll wind up in L.A.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They remain disastrously undisciplined at the plate, but give the Cubs full marks (yeah, I still hate 'em) for the judicious pitching investments made in the most-recent past. That, combined with Sweet Lou refusing to let 'em play with their heads totally up their asses, have made them markedly-better. 2008 -- that Selig has a sense of humor, eh?

4. Boom_70

My guess also but he could just as easily end up back in the Bronx working to get Cano back on track.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He's better off sitting out than running back to the Yankees. That's white-flag stuff.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

I just woke up...did I miss something?

Had I stayed awake another 15 minutes last might (early ths morning) I would have ended up partying all night.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Look on the bright side: The Mets showed they still consider newspapers relevant.

8. Boom_70

[​IMG]

Hey Gary looks like the pot melted . Time for the epilogue or perhaps the post mortem.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Sometimes you get chicken salad . . . sometimes, you get . . .

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

OK, since I've been leading the anti-Willie campaign since last September I have to say the way the Mets handled this is fucking pathetic.
    The Wilpons and Minaya have even less class than BYH gives them credit for. They have sunk to levels that even George Steinbrenner in his fire Billy-rehire Billy bizarro era never reached.

11. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

That's some good stuff. I agree. I am an "Amazin Mess" fan and I wanted them to get rid of Randolph after last year's finish. He was too cool and not enough of a 'in your face kind of guy,' which this team needs. This team is way too lazy and complacent. Some of that I think has to be blamed on Randolph. But he is a class guy and the way the organization got rid of him was nothing but disgraceful.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Manuel is the interim. I would not be surprised if Oberkfell gets a chance next year if Omar (if he doesn't get canned as well) can't find a big name to plug in.

Draft saved Draft deleted