1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Williamson vs. Childress

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cousin Jeffrey, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Troy Williamson still wants a piece of Brad Childress. Who ya like?

Mark Long's AP story:

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP)—Former first-round draft pick Troy Williamson never really got along with coach Brad Childress in Minnesota.

His feelings haven’t changed since leaving there, either.

Williamson, now in Jacksonville, said Wednesday he lost respect for his former coach last year and would like to “duke it out” with him when the Jaguars host the Vikings on Sunday.

“We can meet on the 50-yard line and we can go at it,” Williamson said.

The 6-foot-1, 200-pound receiver said he liked his chances against Childress, too, especially with a few inches and at least 10 pounds on the coach. Williamson even said he would fight with both hands tied behind his back.

Childress countered by saying, “He must not be aware there’s a buffer zone between the opponents.”

Childress initially said he wasn’t “biting” on Williamson’s comments, but when pressed about his height and weight on a conference call, he responded: “Do you need my reach? I’m not like a woman; I’ll give you my weight. It’s 190 pounds of twisted steel and rompin’, stompin’ dynamite. Is that enough humor for you?”

Perfect, coach.

Now back to the fight. Williamson didn’t say whether he wanted a boxing match, a WWE-style showdown or maybe something edgier, like a mixed martial arts cage match.

Either way, Vikings defensive end Jared Allen knows who he would bet on if there was a River City Rumble.

“Coach Childress is a tough-minded guy,” Allen said. “And he has a bad … mustache.”

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The title of this story should be douche vs. douche.

3. Mizzougrad96

When I first read the title of this thread I thought of Bill Williamson, not Troy...

I think that says a lot about the impact Troy has had during his short time in the NFL...

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Rosie wants to fight Brad Childress, too.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I've got Rosie.

6. Mizzougrad96

I've never met Rosie, but I'm betting she can take the bald dwarf.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

He'd just throw the same short punch over and over and over and over...

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Brad Childress vs. Troy Williamson is a lot like a Cowboys-Eagles game.

Two antagonists I just plain don't like going at it.

Someone hand me a barf bag. Especially if Chili Dip beats Drops Magee.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

So, did the two fight?

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Twisted steel and rompin', stompin' dynamite has produced four catches for 27 yards this year.

Thanks for playing Troy. Please accept a copy of our home game.

11. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

That quote was attributed to Childress, not Williamson, although as a Vikes fan I will agree that Williamson sucks.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Sorry...my ADD kicked in.

Draft saved Draft deleted