1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Williamsburg, VA

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wicked, Dec 13, 2010.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'm going in a couple weeks for a day trip, taking my parents (who are older and don't walk well). Any suggestions on where to go/what to do/a decent local place to eat?

TIA.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

That's kinda tough, in that most of what the Williamsburg area has (Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown, Jamestown, the outlet mall) require a good bit of walking. Definitely grab a meal at The Trellis, known for it signature dessert Death by Chocolate, a seven-layer chocolate torte with a white chocolate truffle, chocolate ice cream and dark chocolate sauce:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Busch Gardens?

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Williamsburg is quite possibly the most boring place on the planet.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wrong.

Coach outlet.

Oh, how I miss those outlet shops.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Will you be there before or after Christmas?

Supposedly the Christmas stuff they do down there is pretty cool if you are into the old timey stuff.

I would also take 460 home (it might be a little out of your way) for the Virginia Diner and peanuts from Wakefield, VA.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

We're going on the 26th. Mom has always wanted to go to Colonial Williamsburg, so it's time to make it happen.

And MM, thanks for the eats tip. That looks so damn good.

8. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Throw eggs at Bruce Hornsby's house.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

There is an excellent wine and cheese shop in Merchant's Square if your mom is in to that kind of stuff...they have incredible cheeses that you can pair with different types of wine while you peruse the store. It might help you to get a little tipsy before you start strolling through Merchant's Square watching people in colonial costumes make soap. It's riveting. I second the Trellis suggestion - but definitely make reservations ahead of time.

10. Moddy! Please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Draft saved Draft deleted