1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Williams sisters lose on same day at French Open

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, May 28, 2014.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Active Member

I was charged up to read about their usual post-loss churlishness, then I see no FO thread. Did I miss it, or is this the state of the business as reflected on SportsJournalists.com?
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm a tennis fan and I have to admit the FO snuck up on me this year.

Serena stunk and more or less admitted it. Venus is no longer a serious contender in Paris and hasn't been for years.
  3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This reporter was a bigger loser:

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That happens more often than you would think. I've seen it happen twice, both in situations where reporters are splitting time between the media room and the action. Once was at the NCAA Tournament and the other was at the Olympics.
  5. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Mahut's declaration of "Questions in French please" is awesome.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Was in the same boat a couple of years ago getting juco regional golf tourney info off the web, then calling the coach to find out a player I thought had advanced to state, hadn't. Tournament organizer had sent the results to the state without explaining the format. Next day, sent a note to the state SID, who did apologize.

As for the Williamses, at least we are spared a daily fashion report with their absence.
  7. Mizzougrad96

David Alan Grier on Carolla's podcast: Maya Angelou dies and Serena loses on the SAME DAY?!!!

Cracked my ass up...
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I don't understand why that is supposed to be funny.
  9. Mizzougrad96

Because he was acting like both were equally tragic. (He was joking...).
  10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Latvian player Ernests Gulbis advises women to put down the racket and get the uterus working.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

"Paging David Crosby ... David Crosby to the sperm donation center ..."
  12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Women's tennis is a disaster right now. Maybe one of the new girls will emerge as a real star with some staying power and become a big name. But, for now, the only player left in the field that anyone has heard of is Maria Sharapova. That is not good for business.
Draft saved Draft deleted