1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Willem Dafoe

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jul 22, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Re: Willem Defoe

It's my summer "must see" show.
    Great plots and each show is self contained.

2. Re: Willem Defoe

That's good to know. The fear of picking something up in the middle was one reason I haven't watched yet.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

...is not dead.

What, no love for "Streets of Fire?" (hi Guy!)

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Dafoe's five.

1. The Last Temptation of Christ
    2. The Life Aquatic
    3. Shadow of the Vampire
    4. Auto Focus
    5. Platoon

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

What? No, "Wild At Heart"?

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Here we have the only person, other than the creators, who actually saw Boondock Saints. There's a hell of a fascinating documentary about the fellow who was behind that debacle. I absolutely could not take my eyes off of it (the documentary), what a train wreck.

Many of you have not seen Light Sleeper, an excellent piece of work for Mr. Dafoe. I'm a huge fan of his performance in To Live and Die in L.A. as well.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He was great in Spider-man 2. ;)

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: Willem Defoe

Don't know that I could name five, but he was real good in S.O.B., a Blake Edwards movie overshadowed by some of his other stuff from the time (10, Victor Victoria, Switch).

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I always thought he should be the Mad Hatter in a Batman movie, but I doubt he'll play another comic book-type villain.

10. At the risk of threadjacking, I caught Hustle on Wednesday night. It has promise. I'll watch it again next week and see where it goes. Always liked Robert Vaughn, and I was a Man from U.N.C.L.E. fan.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

One of Wisconsin's finest!

Shadow Of The Vampire is a great performance.

And I didn't know he was one of the voices in Finding Nemo until I saw the credits.

Anyone ever see Animal Factory, his prison movie? Not bad. Plus, Tom Arnold -- in a role clearly designed to make a "serious" turn in his career -- get shivved in it.

12. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Klaus was easily the best character in that movie.

"Who ze shit is Kingsley Zissou?"

Draft saved Draft deleted