1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will You Still Follow the World Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 26, 2010.

?

Will you still follow the World Cup

1. Yes

67.7%
  2. No

32.3%
  1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I probably won't go to another watch party at a bar but I'll still keep watching.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

I honestly don't give a damn about the Wolrd Cup but anyone who can watch a NFL exhibition game needs serious psychiatric help.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I was just about to send you a pm offering you all my Jet Exhibition tix for new stadium

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Even for free I'd say no.

5. Crash

Crash Active Member

And I'd rather watch a split squad game in February between the Pirates and Royals than the Super Bowl. So I guess we're even.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

To each their own.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

MacGregor linked this thread in his ESPN column. So y'all sweep up before company arrives.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I've been watching all of the matches at home or on radio when I'm driving around. I didn't need to go to a bar to watch it for the experience. I see enough revelry at bars after 9pm. I'm going to watch all of them despite USA being out of it.

There's too many story lines that makes this World Cup interesting to watch. Coach "Hand of God" and Lionel Messi, the Dutch and their orange mini-skirt beer girls, Ghana, and zee Germans.

I want to see Maradona go apeshit on the sidelines, the Dutch girls stripping into orange bikinis, and drinking all of the German beer I can get my hands on.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Wow-- I am honored that such an esteemed and talented writer as Jeff MacGregor follows my work. I have been a long time avid reader of his stuff,

As far as World Cup I find myself continuing to watch or listen on radio ( Spanish feed with Andres Cantor)

Part of my interest lies in the all games live philosophy of ESPN. I hope Dick Ebersole is taking notice of their success.

10. Crash

Crash Active Member

I quoted the wrong post in this. Meant to reply to Mizzou's about watching preseason NFL.

Draft saved Draft deleted