1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will You Still Follow the World Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 26, 2010.

?

Will you still follow the World Cup

1. Yes

67.7%
  2. No

32.3%
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Finals perhaps, if I don't have anything else to do. Same with semifinals.

2. actually, this entire tournament is called the World Cup finals. The "final" match is the championship

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

As long as Germany's still alive, I'm very interested. Otherwise I'll just keep up peripherally with it. Germany doesn't play again until Saturday.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Further proof that this is a stupid sport

5. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

They're still playing the World Cup? How quaint.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Sporting events are kind of like M&M's to me... if they're there, I'll partake. So yeah, I'll keep an eye out when I can.

The U.S's outster certainly takes some zing out of it, but I'll be watching from here on out.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

I never had that much of an emotional investment in the U.S. team, or any other for that matter, so I'll keep watching every game I can for the joy of watching top-quality soccer.

Hell, at this point I'm also watching to see how the officials are going to fuck up next.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Of course I'll still watch. Not necessarily every single match, but more than enough. Actually more disappointed to see England go out than to see the US go out.

Still sticking with Argentina to win it all.

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Oh, dear goodness.
    Don't you people ever get tired of being so ridiculous?

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

So I guess we can say the US made the World Cup finals...even though it lost before the quarterfinals.

11. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Good reason to keep watching - - over and above the fact that all the teams left in the tournament are very good meaning the matches will be high quality ones - - is to send a message to the suits at ESPN. Recall what programming ESPN would have on during the time slots that the World Cup has encumbered:

The ninth re-run of SportsCenter from the night before - - OR - -

A TV simulcast of an ESPN Radio program.​

Hardly compelling televiewing...

So, perhaps good ratings here will suggest to the suits that actual sports competitions are better television during the daylight hours than what they offer up normally. That would be a good outcome.

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

With the U.S. loss I will likely cease rolling around in the floor and cursing to the sky, but will likely still see every match and fist pump the goals for the teams I have selected in individual games.

Plus, I have to keep up with my bracket!

Draft saved Draft deleted