1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will you marry me Kaylee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Dec 16, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

The Mrs. and I went to see a movie tonight, and on the marquee on the front of the theatre an intrepid wooer had paid for the right to have "Will you marry me Kaylee" spelled out below the movie listings. At the window buying our tickets, I couldn't help but ask if Kaylee worked there. No, the cashier said. Me: Did she say yes? Cashier: She said no.

Oh, the heartbreak. Dude pulls out the full-court press (Cojones!) and she denies him. Course, the cashier could've been just repeating a rumor, but I'm thinking friends need to separate said intrepid wooer from any available sharp objects. I was just dumbfounded. How can a guy be that far apart from reality?

Then, after the movie, which ended at 12:30, we walk out and ours is the last car left. An employee walks out with the extension pole to take the message down. He's reaching for the W when he thinks better of it, leans the pole against the building, steps back a few feet and snaps a picture of the sign with the proposal on it. I fully expect to wake up to news that a young man in my town has thrown himself off a bridge ...

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Guess that explains why Kaylee's up and on SportsJournalists.com tonight.

Why'd you turn that guy down?

3. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Look, I just felt that we were moving too fast. I'm not ready to get into a serious committed relationship right now, and besides, I think a lot of this is his mom's doing. We went over to his family's last month, and all she'd harp on was why he wouldn't settle down, when would she be getting grandkids, etc. It was just too much.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Understandable.

I hope you were at least gentle.

5. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Hell...I still don't think he's being up front with me. I think I should check his e-mails. He's been spending a lot of time online lately, and been on a lot of "work trips."

6. KP

KP Active Member

Did you let him down easy?

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Hey, comes with the business. Unless his business is being a stay-at-home lazyass.

THEN you should have been concerned.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You guys are weird.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Holy Christ.

Now THAT carries some weight.

10. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

I tried. But he was soooo schmaltzy with the whole thing. He even quoted Garth Brooks' "The Dance" for crying out loud.

I mean, that may have worked with the red-headed stripper he nailed in Tulsa or wherever back when he was in junior college, but I'm a lady who deserves class!

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

So does that mean you're available?

12. KP

KP Active Member

You go girl!

Draft saved Draft deleted