1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will you ever attend another live event?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Splendid Splinter, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

When, and if this COVID thing ever gets under control, will you ever attend another live event? I'm talking over 20,000 people.

If so, will you be wearing a mask?

Interested to read the replies.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Without question.

No mask.

Science rules.

My wife and daughter have had Harry Styles tickets for a long time and I think October is when they will see him.

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Yes

Maybe, maybe not

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yes. Absolutely. And no, I don't anticipate wearing a mask.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yes.

If scientists deem it safe to do so without a mask, no mask. I don't wear them for fun, though anything that hides part of my ugly mug is beneficial I suppose

Webster likes this.
  6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Of course.

I'll bring a mask, wearing it will probably depend on the positivity rate where I'm watching.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I miss live music and beer festivals. Depends how far down the road we get, how low the cases get. Post vax, if COVID's infection rate is below or in-line with other things - probably be more open to going without a mask - but I'm not going to be the first one in the water. And I realize I'll probably always have a mask or two hanging from my rearview mirror now.

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Yes. And I would do it with a mask on if need be.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Once I have a vaccine that is 94.5% effective against infection and 100% against severe infection, I'm back to normal life. I expect that will involve masks for a time, but once everyone who wants a vaccine has one, what are they needed for?

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Going to be a interesting ettiquette question - will wearing a mask go from "showing you care" to "showing you haven't been vaccinated yet?"

And then we'll just assume anyone without a mask is OK? Sounds like trouble ahead.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Over 20,000 people? I’d have to think about that. Even before all this <waves hand at … well, everything> I tended to avoid those types of events unless it was for a work assignment.

But, yeah … we will be able to go out amongst each other again, and sooner than we realize.

Driftwood likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I didn’t attend that many before all this.

Ball games ... mostly baseball. Most of mine were Indians or Pirates games, so those were usually under 20,000. I don’t know if I will go to any this season, but certainly by next season. Most NBA teams can’t fit 20K in. Browns games, I don’t go to that many anyway. The real issue for me at any of these venues is congregating at the entrances or in concessions lines.

Most of my concerts are much smaller venues. But those can be way packed. I’d be wary of going to a very crowded small club where you are shoulder to shoulder with people for a couple hours. At least til next year or the fall this year.

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted