1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Urban Meyer jump to the NFL?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Interesting column by Freeman.

With all of the NFL openings expected this year, I'd be very surprised if some team doesn't go after the guy.

http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/11159437/1

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

If he does jump, it might be a good opportunity for someone to call him "Urban LIAR" again.

3. I'm guessing he'll wait for Fat Charlie to get the axe.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Recruiting with Bull Gator cash is one thing, drafting and coaching in the NFL is another.

As for the ND job, why would he take it now? He already told the Irish no.

5. Ego.

6. Can he operate on a smaller budget?

7. Mizzougrad96

The problem with going to Notre Dame is Florida would match any deal they would offer. Florida has a pretty good reputation for taking care of its coaches.

If someone offered him a 6-year, $36 million deal for the NFL, I wonder if he'd jump.

Ego was brought up and what better reason for him to go to the NFL? If he succeeds where Saban, Spurrier, Butch Davis, Bobby Petrino and so many other failed, he'll be able to claim superiority over all of them.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hopefully. I like to see arrogance flop.

9. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Why would anyone hire the idiot who stole Chris Leak's Heisman and screwed up his team's 2006 season by trying to show how smart he was in playing that twerp freshman QB Tebow? Oh, wait ...

10. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, Notre Dame makes no sense. If they had made him a serious offer that year, he was theirs. But ND got cheap and Florida came up with the $2 million a year to get him. I think he makes $3.2 a year now.

11. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, I really agree. Watching Davis, Saban, Petrino and Spurrier fail was very enjoyable.

12. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Petrino?

Draft saved Draft deleted