1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will the Tigers hang on?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Sep 12, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Also, despite wild card teams success in the past, I think this year is the year you really want to win the division.

Should be the difference between playing the Yankees in New York or Oakland at home.

Though if Liriano is back and healthy, I really like Minnesota's chances against anyone in a five-game series.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Twins, Tigers and WhiteSox in that order.

can't wait for Ozzie's list of people who consipred to keep him out of the post season

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's what I want to see happen. Whether it does, I'm not so sure with how the Tigers have played recently. They have done it with pitching and defense most of the season, but both have gone into a relapse. Every night on SC, I see plays where they bobble singles or throw wide -- it's not how they built that large lead to start with.

Bottom line, so long as the White Sox do not make the postseason, I'm happy. Very very happy.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Put THAT on the board Oz! Oh wait, you did. :)

5. Agree with all the orders of finish, and agree that the White Sox not making the playoffs would be a wonderful, early Christmas present.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Chicago needs a win tonight or they'll fall another game behind both Detroit and Minnesota, who won.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'd just like the record to show that when the Tigers acquired Neifi Perez on Aug. 20 they were 79-45 and 5 1/2 games up on the Twins. They've gone 8-13 since and have lost four games in the standings. Enjoy the hell out of Neifi, Detroit. :D

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Halos and Pale Hose headed to extras.

Lets go Los Angeles Angels of Wherever-the-fuck-as-long-as-you-beat-Chicago!

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sorry, but they started that skid much earlier when they brought back Dmitri Young. So enthused with his return, they went 21-24 -- plus whatever they've been since they've kicked him to the curb.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Figgins with the game-winner in the bottom of the 11th! Angels 4, Good Guys 3.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Detroit has one more against Texas today. Texas is going with Millwood, who's been nails on the road but can't keep it in the yard at the Temple. Hope for the South Siders.

Draft saved Draft deleted