1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will the OC Register nose-picker please desist at once?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Aug 8, 2007.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

20 bucks says the Smails kid picks his nose.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

It's terrible that this nose picker is allowed to disrupt Lance Armstrong's TV time like that.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He does look like Lance. I was thinking Ryan Stiles at first and was about to break out a hoe-down.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My doctor said I wouldn't get so many bloody noses if I kept my finger out of it.

5. joe

joe Active Member

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Apparently all grown up and covering Arkansas.
    [​IMG]

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Noble protest? Nope. Just some bad, bad manners.

http://www.laobserved.com/archive/2007/08/register_editor_cp_smith.php

On his side of the backdrop, CP didn't notice the TV technician try to wave at him against the glare of the lights on the plastic. And yes, he did absent-mindedly stick his finger in his nose, just like all of us have done at one time.

Most of us don't get caught doing it on TV. And most of us don't have the photo flashed around the workplace and then out into the world of blogs or get accused of doing it spitefully.

And most of us don't end a distinguished 35-year newspaper career as the victim of drive-by journalism.

I talked to CP last night at his home where he was riding out mixed emotions. He said he was embarrassed by what had been captured on TV, even though he didn't remember doing it. And he was frustrated and angry.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

See just another case of stuffy, hair-gel TV types not even realizing what harmless disgusting slobs newspaper folks are.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I didn't get a chance to see the video, but from the pic, it looks like he's peering right at the window. How could he not know? If the video shows otherwise, I'll happily retract.

Draft saved Draft deleted