1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will someone please find Cindy Sheehan something to do?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 27, 2009.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.6e2dd44ecce699b290fad3cf2353a6ce.01&show_article=1

Funny ... I thought Obama was the peace candidate. Sorry your guy isn't turning out like you expected Cindy.

2. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Hondo, Cindy Sheehan ran against Nancy Pelosi last fall. What on earth makes you think she'd be a fan of Obama and the Democrats? She probably voted for Cynthia McKinney in November.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Politics?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Same nine words could apply to the guy who starts countless threads about Cindy Sheehan.

I sure do love unintentional irony out of people who think irony is something to do to a wrinkled shirt.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Isn't the fact that she's protesting Obama prove she's not about politics? It says she's anti-war no matter if it's a Republican or Democrat in office.

Or are you simply mocking a mother who lost a son in combat because the war isn't ending as quickly as she likes?

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Not mocking anyone at all. Besides, she's the only one in her family trading on the memory of her son for her political purposes. The rest of them would just as soon she shut up.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Or at least support the war, right?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Like a good non-commie liberal bastard.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

But you say you're not mocking anyone. Unless, you're genuinely expressing sympathy that Obama has let down Cindy Sheehan.

10. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

I am not tired of hearing from a mother who lost her son in a war.

I am tired of hearing from a woman who has sought fame/celelbrity status/notoriety from the fact that her son is dead.

There is a difference here and Cindy Sheehan is far closer to the second person than the first...

Draft saved Draft deleted