1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Nick Saban go all Dennis Green today?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by I'll never tell, Jan 4, 2007.

How many "Why are you a liar?" questions will it take to get Saban upset?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2007.
  1. 1

4 vote(s)
  2. 2

2 vote(s)
  3. 3

3 vote(s)
  4. He's always upset

12 vote(s)
  5. Infinity: He'll be sedated.

2 vote(s)
  1. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

I've got this gut feeling that after everything that has been written about Saban, some Miami people (and probably Alabama people, too) are going to drill him about being a liar, liar pants on fire.

About 15 minutes into this he'll storm out of the press conference or either cuss the guy out on ESPN and every statewide TV station in Alabama. And that's after he respectfully asks people not to talk about the fact that he has lied while the coach of the Dolphins because this press conference will be about the Alabama football team and making the Alabama football team better.

And the Crimson Tide's coaching search will resume, uh, I don't know... about 10:35?

P.S. -- I fully endorse the asking of the question as many times as it takes for him to leave it alone with the lame "I've got the right to change my mind" excuse.
  2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I love that "He's Always upset" is the unanimous winner thus far.

I think he'll be fine today. If he stays cool under the questioning, it'll make his idiot fanbase feel as if they really got a winner. "See that? See how he was so calm against those mean bastards from south Florida? That's the cool calm that's gonna win us three national titles in the next two years!"
  3. pallister

pallister Guest

Ya, I'm pretty sure Bama and ND have been winning championships since the 1700s.
  4. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

Wow. How'd you get your options to be squares?
  5. Oz

Oz Active Member

I noticed that, too. Too bad "He's always upset" isn't a unanimous vote anymore.
  6. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Alabama has no national titles. Neither does Notre Dame, USC, Florida, Oklahoma blah blah blah. Just the bullshit poll championships that are questionable at best and now this BCS shit.
  7. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

It takes two.
  8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Release the houndstooth!
Draft saved Draft deleted