1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will McCain get the Obama treatment?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Mar 1, 2007.

1. His son just enlisted in the Marines last spring. I doubt he's already over there.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It's a double standard, to be sure, but fair or unfair McCain speaks more from experience than Obama. That's one key reason why.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

So what's the point here, though? Obama says lives lost in Iraq are "wasted" and gets slammed. A week or so later McCain says lives lost in Iraq are "wasted" and gets treated with kid gloves.

How does this experience gap have anything to do with how their remarks were treated when they said used the EXACT same politically radioactive word.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

McCain, as a former soldier himself, is often given a break.

Not saying that I agree...just pointing it out.

5. boots

boots New Member

The only hope for McCain is if the press continues to talk about Rudy's love life.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

His son ENLISTED? I'm soooo suuuurrre politics wasn't the reason.

7. Even I'm not that cynical.
    Jesus.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Sorry, Fen, but in these the Aughts, NOBODY running for president lets his (or her) family do anything without the political calculus being accounted for. That's on either side.

9. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

You mean Rudy and his handlers came up with the idea of his kid saying he's got a problem with the old man?

Draft saved Draft deleted