1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

will.i.am drop the beat now...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deskhack, Jun 22, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That train left the station a long, long time ago.

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Amen.

Damn kids! Turn that noise down and get the hell out of my yard!

3. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Excuse my going on a rant about current culture here, but please note that stories about first class performers like the late Mr. McMahon now have been replaced by stories featuring chronic nobodies like Perez Hilton, Jon & Kate, etc.

Doesn't that indicate to *someone* that we should find *better* people to consider entertainers/celebrities, and leave the wannabes in the dust...? It's obvious they will not understand that *they* aren't celebrities. Should never have been elevated to celeb status.

And yet they have been. It's sad and disgusting.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/06/23/2009-06-23_perez_hilton_beaten_for_disturbing_the_peas.html

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No one will be writing about Perez Hilton when he's 82 either. Kind of apples and oranges.

5. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

The biggest problem are the millions of people who are entertained by that idiot Perez Hilton's blog, or who care about the lives of people who did nothing more than reproduce (a lot).

I keep having hope in the human race and people like Perez Hilton and Jon and Kate will fall by the wayside, where they belong.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Poor, poor "Perez" is miffed that the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation has criticized him for calling "will.i.am" a faggot in the lead-up to the punch.

In an email to The Canadian Press, Hilton -- who says he's a former GLAAD employee -- said he was upset by the organization's reaction.

"I am saddened GLAAD chose to victimize me further by criticizing me for how I non-violently dealt with a very scary situation that, unfortunately, turned violent," Hilton wrote Tuesday.

"While I doubt I will get an apology from GLAAD, nor do I expect one, I would just hope people know how difficult it is to intellectualize a situation and think rationally when a thug disguised as a musician is screaming at your face and intimidating you.

"I am just very fortunate and grateful that nothing more serious happened to me."

Hmmmm.....I'm still having trouble with the concept of the scummy little sleazebag trying to "intellectualize a situation."

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Nice to see some actual celebs having their say - Kirstie Alley's comments are probably the best; they're certainly the funniest:

Malcolm in the Middle's Frankie Muniz jumped into the fray, posting "Perez Hilton, how do you call a man a f----t right in his face and not expect to get hit?"

Singer John Mayer added, "Perez Hilton's video statement is so long that by the end of it his cut healed."

Kirstie Alley has been victim of more than a few attacks by Hilton on his blog. She seemingly couldn't be happier that Hilton got whacked, saying, "will.i.am? You am... my new hero.. Smack!!! Wah wah wah... ouch.. ouch my eye... ouch ouch ouch call 911... ouch boo hoo... ouch."

She later followed that with a post saying, "Stop with the freakin 'are you condoning violence' s--t. Violence comes in many forms, not just black eyes. This b--ch's tongue spews violence."

New Kids on the Block singer Jonathan Knight chimed in, saying, "Haha, b---ch! A bag of frozen peas always works wonders when you get sucka punched in the eye," adding later, "This is the best day ever."

Travis McCoy from Gym Class Heroes tweeted, "Will.I.Am- 1, Perez-0, It's about f--king time."

Reality TV star and online phenomenon Tila Tequila dove in with more; "I find it ironic that Perez talks s--t about people all day long. He calls people f-----t yet bashes Miss California. Perez Hilton is a b--ch."

Singer Kelly Clarkson said on a YouTube video, "I don't think violence is the answer, but what did you expect? You can't say that much crap about people without being able to take something, so .... I'm surprised it hasn't happened already .... I'm thinking how much did will.i.am pay his manager to do that (laughs) because you know he wanted to."

Josh Duhamel, the husband of Black Eyed Peas member Fergie, who was abused by Hilton in one of his video rants after the incident, told Entertainment Tonight, "When you get rich saying hateful things sometimes you ask for it. It's an unfortunate incident and I hope it goes away."

Comedian and UFC colour commentator Joe Rogan wanted a chance to take his own shot at Hilton after watching his video: "It makes you want to smack him. He talks shit about people for a living and gets upset when karma rolls in."

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Perez+Hilton+attack+Hollywood+laughs+blogger+after+will+fracas/1725464/story.html

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

And now "Perez" says he is "extremely bothered" by people (like me, I guess! :D) who say this whole thing looks good on him:

Stripped away from the mask of Perez Hilton, I have been extremely bothered by the public reaction to my assault. Violence should never be condoned with such statements as "It's Karma" or "I don't believe in violence but....". In fact, several television and radio shows over the past couple of days echoed the sentiment "He had it coming". Would they have said the same thing if I was a woman? Would I have "deserved it" if I had been stabbed? Or shot? Or killed? I was attacked from behind without warning and repeatedly punched in the head in a cold, disgusting and unnecessarily violent manner by Polo Molina, the road manager for the Black Eyed Peas, who I did not even speak with that evening. I did not share any words with him and his assault on me was completely unprovoked.

http://m.perezhilton.com/detail/blog/61059/;jsessionid=E258E088249487838D8A7444725DC96B.wap1a

Oh, kinda like every attack you make on people via your BLOG!, right? Unnecessary, uncalled for, unprovoked? You reap what you sow, douchebag.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

It is my belief that Perez Hilton is holding back the gay rights movement.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Bah!

Back in the day, all I would have had to do to get punched would be to go out partying with red stripes painted on my face. Wouldn't have to talk trash to nobody.

We had peer pressure to sway us away from such fashion train wrecks.

Punk!

Get the hell out of my yard!

Draft saved Draft deleted