1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Ferrell - Impressions?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gold, Apr 6, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Will Ferrell's a lot like Adam Sandler (used to be) where they basically played the same character in different movies.
    Sandler has shown depth recently, Ferrell doesn't. Ferrell is good in doses...not in duration

2. John

John Well-Known Member

That's what bugs me about Ferrell, the fact that I feel like I'm watching the same character in most of his films. And that character has to have one long crying scene where he wails for 45 seconds.

Feel the same way about Ben Stiller.

I haven't seen Stranger than Fiction, which appears to show that Ferrell has more range.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

If you have kids and you want to see a Ferrell flick, go see Elf.

It's not bad, though you get the feeling early on that James Caan was just there to pick up a check, and it has Zoey Deschannel. Actually, I think it's one of Ferrell's better roles.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I will argue to the death anyone who doesn't see the genius of Anchorman.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

With a trident?

Steve Carell > Will Ferrell, but they're both in Anchorman which is one reason its so damn funny.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Bubbler, I don't normally do this, but I felt compelled to tell you something. You have an absolutely breath-taking... heiney. I mean, that thing's good. I wanna be friends with it.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

agreed, ijag. i guess i'm easy -- i've even enjoyed "kicking & screaming." and the cameo scenes in "wedding crashers" were awesome. yes, i like sandler/stiller, too. :eek: 8) ;D

hee-hee. ijag said "heiney." ;D

8. casty33

casty33 Active Member

I thought it was an age thing but to be perfectly honest, I have never found him to be funny. My young friends and relatives think he's great and I do not understand the lure.

Admittedly, I have never seen one of his movies ... BUT I have seen him on talk shows and news shows and I can honestly say he has never made me laugh.

So sorry IJAG.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I only argue to the death those who wish to argue, casty. And I would never argue with you on something as pointless as Ferrell.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

casty, my brother, you know how much i love you, man. but you're a bit out of touch on this one. trust me. but you're more of a jerry lewis kind of guy. i understand. 8)

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Says the man who slagged on Michael Buble. :D

12. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Yes, Shockey, I am fully aware that the world has passed me by. But I was never a big Jerry Lewis fan -- more into George Carlin, Robert Klein and Richard Pryor.

Draft saved Draft deleted