1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Ferrell calls out Pat Forde...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Dec 6, 2006.

1. The Basement

The Basement Member

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6485

Rapper Andre "3000" Benjamin continues his foray into the world of film with a new basketball comedy titled Semi-Pro.

Benjamin joins an all-star cast that includes Will Ferrell and Woody Harrelson. Semi-Pro, which is being produced by New Line Cinema, centers around a fictional 1970's American Basketball League Association (ABA) team, the Flint Michigan Tropics.

As the owner/coach/player, Ferrell's character Jackie Moon attempts to lead The Tropics to the big time.

No word yet if Forde's signed on to make a courtside cameo...

2. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Top Three Will Farrell movies (according to me):
    1. Anchorman
    1A. Talladega Nights
    2. Elf
    3. Old School

I agree that Kicking and Screaming pretty much fell flat. Will Farrell also slightly rescued a very lackluster Starsky and Hutch with his cameo. I judge a comedy by how much you can remember months later and how many lines you find yourself quoting. Anchorman has been a constant. "It is soooo hot. Milk was a bad choice."
    My girlfriend and I constantly bring up lines from Talladega Nights. "I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!! I'll be on you like a spider monkey!"

3. Hooray4snail

Hooray4snail Active Member

Wedding Crashers was a funny enough movie on its own, but Ferrell's cameo in that one was pretty good too.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i find wedding crashers overrated

talledega nights could've used a good editor -- take 15 minutes out of it and it's great

i didn't think it was a good movie, but i found myself laughing quite a bit

5. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Why does no one EVER mention Night at the Roxbury!?

GREAT movie.

6. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

hilarious.From wikpedia: He attended Rancho San Joaquin Middle School and University High School in Irvine, where he was a kicker for the varsity football team, and still holds the school record for most field goals made [1].

7. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

I say Ferrell's role as Mugato (?) from Zoolander is underrated.

8. bomani jones

bomani jones Member

Hold on...does this mean that course I took on reparations at Duke a couple of years ago makes me an alum? My old man will never let me back in the house.

And gimme "Old School" and "Anchorman" from the Ferrell catalog. You can hold on to the rest.

9. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Ferrell's cameo in Wedding Crashers seemed like a desperate attempt to salvage a film that completely died after the first hour (which was ridiculously funny). The whole scene fell pretty flat IMO.

I'll take Anchorman from his collection, leave the rest. Blades of Glory might be good, but the ABA movie interests me more.

10. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Good to see this resurrected, if only because I have to vehemently disagree with nolesfan's assessment. ...

"grief is nature's most powerful aphrodisiac."

"Ohhh look at me, I'm flying!!! OOHHH I'M DEAD!"

That is a fantastic scene.

11. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Uh-oh. A Wedding Crashers mention. This thread will not end well.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

HEY MOM! CAN WE GET SOME MEATLOAF?

Draft saved Draft deleted