1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will COVID-19 be the needle that finally bursts the sports bubble?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

While they're all getting started, the Neanderthals in Mississippi are wrapping up the state high school basketball tournament this weekend -- three months after completing a full football and fall sports season, about a month after completing a full soccer season, and seven months after returning to school, all with what most people would probably consider minimal issues.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not to mention those who work volleyball, basketball, baseball and softball.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Something good is coming out of all this.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The Turkey Tussle is a big deal. To get all of Pasadena's and Muir's home games at Granddaddy is awesome.

5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Iowa is wrapping up its winter season of preps — wrestling and girls basketball are done, boys basketball state tournament is next week. That's now three seasons completed — summer baseball and softball, fall, and winter — with few issues.

maumann likes this.
  6. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Morons

qtlaw likes this.
  7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Georgia drops requirements to 55 and above, plus immunocompromised, starting Monday. So we qualify twice! Will call the pharmacy in the morning to try and schedule.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Georgia also said it anticipates opening the list to all adults in early April. Be nice if they were willing to reciprocate for all those metro ATL teachers that came here for jabs when Brian Kemp was telling them to get fucked.

Neutral Corner and maumann like this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

A year ago, on Wednesday night of college basketball championship week, Rudy Gobert tested positive for COVID-19 before the Jazz-Thunder game in Oklahoma City and an entire table of standing dominoes started falling over.

maumann likes this.
  10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

That has crossed my mind repeatedly as well. I always used to love Championship Week but now it's always gonna be tied to this.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Got my Moderna No. 1 today. I read online that the local rite aid was giving away shots to walk ups at the end day. I called them last night at 8:30 cause they close at 9 and the dude said they stop vaccines at 5 but come down at 4. We got down there at 3:55 and we were nos. 4 and 5. They had 6 to give away/6 reservation no shows. Boom! Thanks Trump

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

TX approves full capacity for Rangers baseball.

We'll finally see what less than a sellout looks like for Opening Day of a new stadium!

Draft saved Draft deleted