1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will COVID-19 be the needle that finally bursts the sports bubble?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

qed

the grift that keeps on giving

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. Was that the one with the ridiculously high wall and the alligator pit as part of the track?

I used to like that show, although, as memory serves me, it replaced GLOW.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Yes. I did some reading online and they're apparently re-airing episodes all month since this is the 30th anniversary of it.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Still miss the Timber Games that ESPN used to show - particularly the Big Air Dogs.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Indy 500 to run without fans, after the Speedway thought it could hold the event at 50 percent capacity ... then 25 percent ... then "eh, screw it."

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a very good point.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Get the fuck out of here with that shit dude:

The Dispatch contacted Rhett, a local real estate agent and Columbus Redevelopment Authority board member, on Sunday, and he suggested his account may have been hacked. "I'm not Facebook or internet savvy. I don't know how to do any of that stuff. I have no idea how that got there. ... I don't know how to post anything, man," he said. "I'm 60 years old. I barely know how to answer my phone. ... I don't do any posting at all to be honest with you."

Rhett, for his part, asked Sunday for an opportunity to speak to Portnoy, and he apologized for any concern the comments might have caused and assured the reporter he did not post those things. To avoid any further issues, he told Portnoy he had deleted his Facebook profile.

As of deadline today, Rhett's Facebook profile is still active and the comments posted to Portnoy's page have not been deleted

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Old people are the worst people in the world.

maumann likes this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

maumann likes this.
  11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

My parents can't figure out how to change their name in our weekly Zoom chat. It's been "OwnerBob" for three months.

poindexter likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is the most disturbing thing I have read on this. I knew it was coming. But I didn’t suspect Colorado State, and I never, ever expected any sources — even if anonymous— to be athletics department staff.

Roscablo, MileHigh and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted