1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will COVID-19 be the needle that finally bursts the sports bubble?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

At the dinner table my daughter said golf is so boring and quiet. Then I talked to her about crowd roars and specifically Masters crowd roars.

When your watching a player live and you hear the background roar and the player walks away from his shot, composes himself (or dies inside) and CBS, of course, makes you magnificently wait. That's one of my favorite things in sports.

maumann likes this.
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Which means Pat Narduzzi can’t say anything stupid. This week is just getting better.

maumann likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You gotta hand it to Nick Watney.

Recuperated from that compound fracture of the femur in only three weeks. :)

That was never going to be possible, as long as the demanded increase in testing happened. You were never measuring along the same metric. I suppose they could have made the metric, "14 days of declining percentage of positive tests" or something like that. But they stuck with "decrease in documented cases." Ain't gonna happen.

It's like climbing an icy hill where the elevation gets steeper and then hearing someone complain, "You don't qualify. You didn't improve your pace!"

At my second COVID haircut last week, there were two stylists, and I was the only customer.

Took a far greater risk walking to the grocery store 20 minutes later.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

His teammate boxed out others in the area so only Russ could grab the virus.

I Should Coco and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Shoulda been a Woj Bomb.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Instead we got a Chara Bomb.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

How’s Alex Smith doing?

Spartan Squad likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Which basically means the season is postponed indefinitely. SEC did the same thing.

9. tapintoamerica

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Take it to the "he's still alive?" thread.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

12. tapintoamerica

Draft saved Draft deleted