1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will COVID-19 be the needle that finally bursts the sports bubble?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

We don't think we need a lot of things.

Again: Shut down all of American culture so all's we have left is talking about Trump, the virus and politics all day. So good for the soul of a nation.

Batman likes this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You’re right, and when you’re right you’re right. We need to focus on the important things right now, and sports doesn’t come under the heading of “important things.”

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I'm of the mind that flushing Trump will take care of the virus. Maybe the radioactive culture too

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Still plenty of music, television and video games for "culture" reasons. Maybe take up painting. Or fuck, I've heard that some people still read books. I don't begrudge the pro sports leagues for attempting to get back to business, but basketball and football especially seem like incredibly easy ways to spread the virus. I'm sure some guys wanna play and get paid, but I think plenty of them have already made plenty of cash and would rather not risk it.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Everybody knows the self-hating libruhl media are committed first and foremost to undercutting their livelihoods and imperiling their careers just to own the Trumpists.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

other than letting people get infected, what's the plan?

same question for the schools

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Plan? What plan?

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Maybe he could learn a useful form of art.
    Fender Squier Affinity Telecaster - Black GUITAR ESSENTIALS BUNDLE PLUS | Kraft Music | Reverb
    Rocksmith® - Learn to Play Guitar & Bass | Ubisoft® (US) ][ Fender Play Online Guitar Lessons - Learn How to Play Guitar

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Plenty that haven't made their cash yet, too. Or those who have worked for years to make a career out of this and are seeing it imperiled. Not even necessarily talking about the multi-million dollar players, but the coaches, scouts, front office folks, media relations people, ad reps, grounds crews, stadium workers, trainers, caterers, people working gameday ops, broadcast crews, the grunts working TV cameras and lugging wires to produce the broadcasts, etc.
    Not playing a season affects a hell of a lot more people than just a few hundred rich players. They all depend, in one form or another, on those silly and unimportant games being played to put food on their table.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted