1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Bonds hit 756 during the regular season?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CradleRobber, Apr 2, 2007.

1. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

If he does it at Chavez Ravine, I'd literally rather throw it back than sell it for millions if I caught it.

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

My only regret is that Russ Springer isn't pitching EVERY TIME Bonds comes up.

3. CradleRobber

My only regret is that Ron Kulpa can't be part of every umpire crew Bonds faces this season. He's one of the only dudes with brass ones big enough to get in Baroid's face.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Ron's wife's name wouldn't be Mia, would it?

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Well done.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Thanks, OTR, but I'm surprised that post sat there for an hour and a half and no one beat me to it.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

For some reason I think Jason Schmidt is going to give up number 756. Stranger things have happened.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that Bonds will break the record this season. The only question will be whether Selig shows up to the games to congratulate him, like he's done with every major record before this, because you know he doesn't want that photo op to ever happen.

9. CradleRobber

No doubt, huh? Confident enough to put up 500 to win 220 (if you were a betting man, of course)?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not that confident, I'm saving for a wedding and honeymoon here. But something tells me we're going to see the old Barry this season, though down to maybe 30 homers.

11. EE94

EE94 Guest

somewhere, OJ Simpson is saying, "Right on"

12. Couldn't agree more.
    Anyway, steroids or not Bonds is the best player of this generation. Ahead of Ricky Henderson and A-Rod.

What bothers me is why Clemens is so celebrated. There's almost as much evidence out there that he juiced as there is that Bonds did. He's holding out for the second straight year until midway through the season to choose a good team and to rest. Yet people celebrate him.

The way I see it is Bonds and Clemens are both dicks and baseball will be better when they're both out.

Draft saved Draft deleted