1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Bonds hit 756 during the regular season?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CradleRobber, Apr 2, 2007.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

If the rest of the league is sore at him for dragging them into this cesspool of suspicion, they'll all plunk him. I'm hoping the sob blows a knee about April 22 or so.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Yep.

Anyone with a thread of decency will bowl the pitches to the plate when he comes up.

Or just throw at his melon every time.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Why wait til April 22 for him to blow his knee out. April 2 will work just fine.
    The soooner this scumbag's career ends the better the baseball world will be.

4. m2spts

m2spts Member

As much as I hate to admit it, give him a chance until someone finds evidence to the contrary.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Spnited, You really need to come out of your shell on here and start saying what you mean. This pussyfooting around your feelings can't be healthy for you.

6. The Big Ragu

This fella thinks so:

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Is what I always thought should have been done with Darryl Strawberry

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Unless he breaks an arm or a leg, yes.

Do I care at all? No. He could hit 755 home runs this season and it wouldn't impress me.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I think he'll do it this year and it will be one of the most surreal moment in sports if it happens on the road. Do you really think fans will applaud? No, they'll be booing. Also, what kind of on-field ceremony will there be? Will Hank Aaron be there?

It's going to be really awkward for everybody. Even if he does it at home, it won't be a league-wide "celebration." The only reason I'm looking forward to it is to see the spectacle made out of it. It will be weird.

10. The Big Ragu

In a way, baseball deserves it. Baseball let it happen. Now it's happening. Let Bud and company deal with the awkwardness. Doesn't make Bonds' number as legit as Henry Aaron's. And it doesn't make the suits responsible for Bonds' actions. But those suits were all too happy to ride the ratings in 1998 and 2001. This is the comeupance.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think he may do it before the All-Star break...

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I think opposing fans would cheer. Last season in Philly the crowd gave him a standing ovation when he homered there. They showed the highlights before the games started today and the crowd rose as one when he hit it.
    People like to see history, to witness it live. I think they will give him a standing ovation, unless he does it in LA.

Draft saved Draft deleted