1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Bonds hit 756 during the regular season?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CradleRobber, Apr 2, 2007.

1. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Very detailed question, the wording is important. :D

What does he need, 22 to break Aaron's record? As much as I hate the guy and will probably break some windows if he hits the big one (actually, I won't care that much because Sadaharu Oh is still the Home Run King with 868, in my book)... will he do it?

Please convince me one way or the other, and you may be rewarded.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Yes. He'll get it during the regular season since playoff homers don't count toward the total. Will he get it during this season? Probably.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He'll get it on Sept. 10, with the Giants a half-game out of the wild-card, and quit the next day.

4. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I sure hope not. I hope teams walk that asshole on purpose once he gets two shy of the record.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No, Barry Bonds will not hit 756 home runs this season.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Yes, sometime in early August.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think some of you are missing the joke.

8. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

You guys have done well to convince a young guy out of another online baseball bet, which is definitely for the best.

Bet 100 to net 44 if he breaks the record, or bet 100 net 162 if he doesn't...

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Why waste four pitches doing it, when one 98-mph heater into the earhole of his helmet does the same thing?? :D :D :D

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Plus, that thing is so big, no one will accuse you of doing it on purpose.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I was thinking roughly the same thing. He gets within one of the record and suddenly every pitch is in his earhole. If I'm pitching to him with the record on the line there is no way on earth he sees a pitch he can hit.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Why wait til the piece of shit scumbag gets close to 755? Start today, first pitch, every at-bat right at his steroid inflated fucking head...every at-bat, every day.

Draft saved Draft deleted